The best wigs for the women with mid length hair is made of horse-hair, human hair, wool, feathers, buffalo hair etc. Many women wear wigs to disguise their baldness and actors on the other hand, often wear costume wigs in order to portray their character better.
Wigs can have a whole new look in terms of colour, style, and length. Wigs are worn by many on a daily basis as a matter of convenience as wigs can be styled ahead of time and then worn. All wigs are not the same as manufacturers use a variety of techniques to create different wigs to meet the preferences of the person wearing it. The cap of the wig may be sewn by hand or machine.
Tips for Selecting and Maintaining Wigs:
- Before selecting a wig one should make sure that they are comfortable wearing artificial hair.
- One should make sure that they choose a wig that will suit their personality and match their skin tone and facial shape.
- After buying the wig and before wearing it outside one should try wearing it at home and make changes in it if required.
- Since the hair in wigs has been heavily processed, specialized shampoos, conditioners and gels are recommended.
- Most wigs should be cleaned every 7-14 days and if the wig is not being worn they should be stored on a mannequin or a wig stand to maintain the wigs proper shape.
Human Hair Wigs:
The majority of human hair wigs in the market are usually made from Asian hair. Asian hair by nature is thick, straight and usually very dark in color. This hair is great for making straight black wigs, but to make a blond curly wig the wig has to go through several bleaching steps and many other chemical treatments. As a result, the hair gets damaged and a wig that looks great might become dull after a few months. When buying a human hair wig if one is ready to spend some extra cash one should go for a wig made out of European hair.
- It lasts longer than a synthetic wig.
- A wig made out of human hair is soft and feels natural.
- A human hair wig can be easily dyed and can be styled just like ones own hair.
- The main drawback of a wig made out of human hair is that it has to be styled after every wash.
- If one decides to buy a human hair wig then one disadvantage that it has is that it is very expensive.
Although one can find hundreds of synthetic wigs styles in the market not all synthetic fibers are created equally. Costume wigs are usually made from lower quality fibers, that is why they are cheap and look obviously like a wig. But for daily use of a wig, luckily there are many modern synthetic materials, which are used in good quality designer wigs which look very realistic. One should go for well known wig brands, like Aspen , Revlon etc. to get a natural look at an affordable price. If one wants a wig as a fashion accessory or a way to express oneself then one should get a synthetic hair wig.
- A synthetic wig retains its style even after washing it.
- Compared to a human hair wig, a synthetic hair wig is lower in price.
- One cannot style a synthetic wig with an iron as it can get burnt.
- A synthetic wig does not last for long if one wears it everyday.
Whether one is using a wig for fashion or for any other purpose, one should make their choice keeping their requirements in mind. Wigs are available in a number of colors and styles to make one look beautiful. So if you are planning on getting a wig, do not hesitate (but do get all the information on its use and maintenance and make the right choice to suit your needs and lifestyle) and throw away all your disappointments.