Hairpieces for medium hair styles are chosen by women or girls to have a beautiful and stylish hair. This hairpiece or wig is a head of hair that is designed from human hair or synthetic fibers. Hairpieces are worn by individuals on the head for various reasons ranging from stage purposes and cultural reasons to hiding hair loss and religious observance. There are various companies that have also launched costume hairpieces that enable you to design your head like your favorite celebrity without having to undergo the process of altering your natural style.
Hairpieces of human hair:
Majority of human hairpieces are made from Asian hair as it is thick, straight and dark in color. But for making blond and curly ones the hair has to go through several chemical treatments such as bleaching, coloring and styling. It is better to buy blonde hairpieces made from European hair which looks more natural and lasts longer.
Advantages of human hairpieces:
- They last longer then synthetic ones.
- Feel natural and soft.
- Are easy to style and maintain.
Downside of human hairpieces:
- They need to be styled after every week.
- They are lot more expensive than synthetic hairpieces.
Tips for selecting hairpieces:
- Make sure that the hairpiece you select is comfortable.
- You must choose one that suits your facial cut, features and overall personality.
- Prior to wearing it outside, you must try it one and get into the practice of carrying it at home.
- Clean your hairpiece every 7 to 14 days and store it on a mannequin or wig stand to keep it in good shape.
Although you can find hundreds of synthetic hairpieces, not all synthetic fibers are created equally. Most costume hairpieces are made of synthetic fibers and look less natural. They are less expensive than human hairpieces but with brands like Revlon, Aspen etc. you can easily find some great designs and better quality hairpieces. So, if you are willing to spend more money, you can definitely get a good synthetic hairpiece.