Controlling dandruff for medium length hairs is not easy. Dandruff is a serious hair problem that affects one in every six persons. Heavy dandruff is a condition which must be nipped in the bud. Dandruff can be of two types – scaly or dry and oily. The fall of your hair and the greasy condition is known as seborrheic dermatitis. The latter condition is caused by overactive sebaceous glands. Ultimately, dandruff leads to loss of hair and even baldness. A number of anti-dandruff lotions, creams, shampoos, and oils are available and can be used to combat this condition. Simple home remedies can also be used for effective control of dandruff.
- Dandruff may be controlled substantially by following a strict diet comprising vitamin B supplements, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and unrefined carbohydrates.
- Hot oil treatment is the simplest method to cure dandruff. Massage hot olive, Aloe or Almond oil onto the scalp. Wrap a hot towel around the head and rinse off.
- Alternatively, you may massage hot oil into the scalp and leave it overnight. Use whey liquid for the final rinse.
- Mix cedar vinegar in hot water and apply all over the scalp. Leave it overnight and rinse off in the morning using an egg shampoo.
- Apply a well beaten raw egg to the scalp once a week.
- A strong infusion of rosemary will serve as a good scalp massage for dandruff.
- Mix four tablespoons of whey in four tablespoons of camphor water. Apply this infusion to the scalp and wash off after three hours.
- Grind fresh fenugreek leaves to a paste and apply to the scalp. Wash off after fifteen minutes.
- Application of brandy on the scalp is said to clear dandruff.
- Extract thick coconut milk and mix with hot water and add lemon juice to make a solution for the scalp. Allow it to remain on the hair for half an hour. Rinse off with water.
- For a persistent scalp disorder, you must consult your dermatologist at the earliest.
- You may use any after shampoo protein rinses to control dandruff.
- Any good anti-dandruff shampoo will work, provided you stick to the treatment.